ConnectRichmond staff are available to speak at civic, professional, educational and other public venues. This is a free service focused on educating people about the many opportunities to use ConnectRichmond to strengthen our community. Presentations can include an overview of:
How to Request a Speaker
Please call or email your request, preferably 4-6 weeks before the event.
To start the process, contact us with the following information:
- Name and Address of Sponsoring Organization
- Primary Contact's Name, Email and Phone Number
- Event Title
- Event Location
- Event Date
- Topic(s) Desired
- Audience (Please describe the composition of the audience)
- Anticipated Audience Size
- Equipment Available
~Public Address System
- Speaker Biographical Sketch Requested
- Other Remarks - Furnish any other significant information which may be helpful in the selection of an appropriate speaker, such as whether the ConnectRichmond speaker will deliver keynote address, participate in panel discussion, etc.; if there is a special purpose or objective or any unique feature involved.
ConnectRichmond will follow up with you about your request once it has been reviewed.
Terms and Conditions
ConnectRichmond provides speakers as a free public service, but we do have several policies and guidelines. The following terms must be followed for ConnectRichmond to participate at your event:
- Scheduling. Depending on demand, all requests may not be filled.
- Discrimination. ConnectRichmond will not participate in any activity in which any group has been unlawfully segregated or unequally treated on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.
- Honoraria or Fees. ConnectRichmond speakers are not allowed to accept honoraria, stipends or fees for speaking. Donations to support ConnectRichmond programming, however, are appreciated.