Login or Register above to save this search to your Personal Profile
|Foreign Language Teacher (Spanish preferred)|
|Sabot at Stony Point|
|Sabot at Stony Point seeks a Full-Time Foreign Language Teacher for to begin in Fall 2012. The school is on the forefront of developing a constructivist curriculum that emphasizes investigation and collaboration while embracing the outdoors and artistic expression. The school is nestled on 28 acres of forested land on the south side of the James River in Richmond, Virginia and has an enrollment of 171 students. |
The Foreign Language Teacher will teach all Foreign Language classes and will lead the development and implementation of a best-practices, research based, foreign language curriculum that supports the needs of a the constructivist learning environment. Our school’s teaching priorities include:
• authentic assessment
• investigative research and inquiry
• representation in multiple media
• small group work
• documentation and communication to make learning visible for students and parents.
Spanish instruction is currently part-time and includes students in Grades 3 through 8, with 7th and 8th grade Spanish being equivalent to High School Spanish I. As part of expanding this position a full-time, the school is considering Foreign Language Enrichment offerings for Preschool and Lower Elementary Students.
For the correct candidate, this could be a part-time position.
• hold a bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university
• be an experienced educator with a deep knowledge of current practice and
pedagogy of foreign language learning and acquisition.
• have an advanced knowledge of a foreign language, preferably Spanish
• have a deep interest of students as learners
• be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
• be able to work both inside and outside
• upon employment, be able to pass criminal background checks
|Position: ||Full Time|
|Benefits: ||Health, LTD, STD, Life, Dental (FT) AFLAC, Flexx (All)|
|Open Until: ||Open until position is filled|
|How to Apply: ||Candidates should submit a letter of interest, vitae, references, and a statement of educational philosophy to: |
Dr. Susan Barstow, Director of Curriculum
c/o Business Office
Sabot at Stony Point
3400 Stony Point Road
Richmond, VA 23235
Web site: www.sabotatstonyoint.org
Web site: www.sabatatstonyoint.org
For a full announcement e-mail, Elizabeth Hanson, email@example.com